Julia and I have spent the last week in Fort Lauderdale, FL with the Cruise Planners Home Office staff in training to become even better travel advisors. We arrived last Monday and started 6 day long trainings. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing what we learned and how it can best benefit you, but I thought I would give a quick overview of what we covered.
We had wonderful trainings from the Home Office Staff who have 100’s of total years of travel experience. What a great place to learn. Some of the topics that were covered were:
- Setting Up for Success! – How to get organized and ready to go
- Ready, Set, Book! – The booking process and how to get the best price for you!
- Qualifying & Pricing – How to listen to you, our clients, to make sure we get you what you want and need!
- 4+ Hours of Back Office Technology Training
- Groups – Have a group you want to travel with, we’re ready to help!
- Marketing: The 10 Commandments of Marketing – This was by Michelle Fee, if we follow her advice we will progress and make sure all of our clients are well taken care of!
- American Express Programs – We are American Express Travel Representative. This will allow you so many more travel options, it’s hard to even understand all the ways it can help!
- Cruise Planners Web Program – Well, you’re reading part of it!
- Travel Insurance – YOU NEED IT! Ask me why (and I’ll be writing many blog posts about this!)
- Intro to Land Vacations – Yes, we are Cruise Planners but we are also land planners as well!
- Facebook Marketing
- Rick Carlson – Rick Carlson is a veteran Cruise Planners agent and he gave the most amazing Keynote on how to be a success. Everyone needs to hear from Rick! What an amazing man!