Julia and I have spent the last week in Fort Lauderdale, FL with the Cruise Planners Home Office staff in training to become even better travel advisors. We arrived last Monday and started 6 day long trainings. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing what we learned and how it can best benefit you, but I thought I would give a quick overview of what we covered.
We had wonderful trainings from the Home Office Staff who have 100’s of total years of travel experience. What a great place to learn. Some of the topics that were covered were:
- Setting Up for Success! – How to get organized and ready to go
- Ready, Set, Book! – The booking process and how to get the best price for you!
- Qualifying & Pricing – How to listen to you, our clients, to make sure we get you what you want and need!
- 4+ Hours of Back Office Technology Training
- Groups – Have a group you want to travel with, we’re ready to help!
- Marketing: The 10 Commandments of Marketing – This was by Michelle Fee, if we follow her advice we will progress and make sure all of our clients are well taken care of!
- American Express Programs – We are American Express Travel Representative. This will allow you so many more travel options, it’s hard to even understand all the ways it can help!
- Cruise Planners Web Program – Well, you’re reading part of it!
- Travel Insurance – YOU NEED IT! Ask me why (and I’ll be writing many blog posts about this!)
- Intro to Land Vacations – Yes, we are Cruise Planners but we are also land planners as well!
- Facebook Marketing
- Rick Carlson – Rick Carlson is a veteran Cruise Planners agent and he gave the most amazing Keynote on how to be a success. Everyone needs to hear from Rick! What an amazing man!
We were also able to hear from many travel vendors over the last week.
- CLIA – Cruise Line International Organization
- Trafalgar/Brendan Vacations
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- MSC Cruises
- Holland America Line
- Oceania Cruises
- Paul Gaugin Cruises
- Travel Impressions
- Disney Cruise Line
- Globus Family of Brands
- Insight Vacations
- Viking Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Celebrity Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
- Princess Cruise Line
We also had a Vendor Trade Show with over 60 vendors. The ones listed above as well as many others. We’ll be talking about all of these over the next while. I plan on doing a vendor spotlight 1-2 times a month.
We also were able to visit and tour 3 different ships while we were here. I went on Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas, Julia went on Celebrity Reflection and then today we both went on Regal Princess. We’ll both be sharing pictures and feelings from our tours later on.
We have learned so much this last week. Cruise Planners knows how to train and how to have fun! I also want to mention where we have been staying. We have been in the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. Our view has been of the cruise port all week. It has been so much fun watching the ships go in and out every day. (I’ll add an image when I get home!)
All in all, it was a great week! We look forward to working with you on your next vacation helping you to make it the best possible one. We can help you no matter where you want to go. Let us know how we can help!
Bil & Julia